- 2 boneless, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan Butter Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Porcini olive oil
- ½ pound mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper, Herb to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium sauté pan heat Vegan Butter olive oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and any other herbs you enjoy.
Sauté chicken breasts, skin side down first, until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken breasts to a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 12 minutes depending on thickness (160 degrees on a meat thermometer).
Meanwhile, pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from sauté pan. Add onions and mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Add Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat, put half of the mushroom sauce on each plate and top with a chicken breast and drizzle the Porcini Olive Oil onto the chicken breasts.
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1T dried basil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 large jalapeno chili, chopped fine
- Chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Harissa olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Persian Lime olive oil
- 1 splash of Blackberry Ginger 1
- handfull of bean sprouts per serving (optional)
- Boston lettuce leaves
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
Combine first nine ingredients in a bowl and stir to blend well. Heat both oils (Harissa and Persian Lime) in a heavy medium sized skillet till hot but not smoking. Add chicken mixture and sauté until chicken is just cooked through (about 5 minutes). Halfway through cooking chicken (2.5 min) add a splash of blackberry ginger balsamic vinegar. Transfer chicken mixture to a platter and arrange lettuce leaves around edges. Serve, passing the chopped green onions, bean sprouts, and/or chopped roasted peanuts if you are using these. Add soy sauce or blackberry ginger for additional taste.