- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 14 oz freshly shredded, low-moisture part skim Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly, finely shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 1/4 oz)
- ground black pepper
- 3 – 4 medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 1/6 inch thick slices)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish.
- Add splashes of your favorite aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup marinara sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil high polyphenol or Tuscan
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ tblsp. Italian Herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to directions listed on package to al dente. Drain pasta (DO NOT rinse with water) and align lasagna noodles in a single layer on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper.
For filling, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese. Mix in 12 oz. of the Mozzarella cheese and season with black pepper to taste (I wouldn’t recommend seasoning with salt just because the cheeses already have plenty of salt).
Place 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture over each lasagna noodle and spread into an even layer, going from one end of the lasagna to the other. Align 4 thin tomato slices over cheese mixture then sprinkle fresh basil over top. Snugly roll lasagna noodles to opposite end. Spread about 1/4 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Align lasagna roll ups, seam side down in dish. Top each roll up with about 2 Tbsp of the pasta sauce (covering edges of pasta so they don’t dry out while baking). Sprinkle top with remaining 2 oz. shredded Mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven, plate pasta and garnish with plenty of basil & splashes of your favorite aged balsamic vinegar.
Simple Marinara Sauce:
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onions to hot oil and saute about 3 minutes until soft, adding garlic & herbs during last minute of sauteing. Pour in crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and allow sauce to cook for about 20-25min.
Compliments of Mistie McPadalis
- Black-eyed peas – 15-oz can, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 small can of green chiles
- Orange & Red bell pepper – 1/4-in dice
- 2 green onions – 1/2 cup
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Ground cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, salt – to taste
- Equal parts Persian Lime olive oil and Rice Wine Vinegar
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the olive oil & vinegar over the salad and toss gently. Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve with fresh avocado for tacos, OR as a side salad.
- 3 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise, ends trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Peppery Manzanillo or CA Mission is wonderful)
- Dried Herbs: Basil, thyme, summer savory, salt and pepper
- grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fontina, provolone or mozzarella (or any good melting cheese), diced
- White Balsamic Vinegars
- 2/3 Mango
- 1/3 Honey Ginger
- Fresh Chopped Basil or Dill
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Chopped or diced Chicken or Turkey
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Scoop out the meat & seeds of the zucchini in the center with a spoon. Brush the surface with the oil mixture. Then Combine the remaining mixture with the diced turkey. Scoop turkey mixture & tomato halves down the center of the zucchini, pour a little bit of the balsamic vinegar blend on top. Layer your boats with the cheese & bake for about 30 minutes. Then, garnish with chopped basil & Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy your day. It just could not be any better!!!
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup of Fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. of Thai Lemon Grass Mint or our Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. raw organic honey
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Simmer the Thai Lemon Grass Mint, Honey, fresh parsley & mint in a small saucepan until reduced; about 3 minutes. Chill the syrup. Toss the watermelon and cherries in a large bowl. If desired, chill the fruit. Right before serving, dress fruit with the chilled syrup. Toss in the mint. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Toss in the pistachios. For a topping, you can whip together 1 cup of Greek yogurt and softened cream cheese. For a refreshing mixed drink, add 2 oz. of our Thai Lemon Grass Mint into Lemonade with a shot of rum for a delicious Mojito!!!! Add in some of the fruit salad you made above.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoons white Balsamic vinegar of your choice(Cranberry Pear, Peach, Pineapple, Apricot , Honey Ginger, Thai Lemon Grass Mint, it is endless in flavors);
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Italian blend salad greens (flat leaf parsley, spinach, lettuces iceberg and reds, radicchio, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
- 2 ripe red pears, cored and sliced (I don’t peel mine, place in a dish with a little balsamic vinegar of choice and warm in the microwave for just a minute or two. You can sprinkle with cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper; mix well.
2.In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; toss gently. Add the dressing mixture; toss gently until well combined. Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: ADD IN A CAN OF DRAINED TUNA.
- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 6 small new potatoes
- halved walnuts, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup smoky chipotle olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bunches fresh salad greens, dried
- ¼ cup of Grapefruit balsamic vinegar
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Cut in half, Add to grapefruit pieces with, walnuts, chives and 2 1/2 tbs. smoky chipotle olive oil.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss gently. Then add in your greens.
Preheat a barbecue on high heat. Cut each chicken breast in half. Place chicken in a bowl. Add garlic and our new grapefruit balsamic vinegar and smoky chipotle olive oil. Char-grill chicken for 2 1/2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Slice your chicken into strips and place greens and potato mixture on your Plate. You can add in avocados & tomatoes if you prefer. 30 min!!! (Because of grilling chicken breasts and stopping for a glass of wine :))