- 4 Large Chicken Breasts sliced into strips (approx. 4 strips ¼ thickness per breast);
- 3 pieces of bacon or turkey bacon pre-cooked, but still flimsy to wrap around chicken;
- talian herbs: garlic, onions, basil, thyme & oregano sautéed with our garlic and smoky chipotle olive oil ( I used 50/50 about 4 tablespoons)& the chicken pieces. Chicken should not be completely done.
- Two cans of croissant dough, opened and laid out on baking pan, slightly stretched out;
- ¼ stick of cream cheese, ¼ of goat cheese & Blue cheese crumbles;
- Blend cheeses, add in dill weed, smoked paprika, and herb & garlic mixture you sautéed with the chicken.
- When out of the oven and still hot, drizzle our vegan dairy free butter olive oil over each wrap and sprinkle with garlic powder or other fine grained herbs.
- You can add in chopped spinach, ham chunks or salsa to make your own chicken Gordon bleu!!
- Place in oven until golden brown (15-22 min). Easy!! 30 min (pre-heat oven at 375 for 15 min before hand).
Savory, Sweet and a touch of Spiciness
Breaking this recipe into steps…it is not complicated. The peach jalapeno jam can be made in advance. The olive oil crust may be made in advance and blind baked. This is a great savory, sweet and spicy dish celebrating the last days of summer…
- Taproom Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup of peach jalapeno jam
- 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolkfresh thyme
- 1 T of local honeyzest and juice of one lemon
- Taproom Mango Balsamic vinegar
- 1 olive oil blind baked tart shell
- Salt, pepper, granulated sugar
Peach Jalapeno Jam: (This can be made 1-2 weeks in advance.)
- 5 large ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 2 cups of sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 1/2 T of Mango Balsamic vinegar
Place diced peaches, sugar and pinch of sea salt in heavy bottom pan (prefer stainless steel), let peaches macerated for an hour, releasing juices.
Add diced jalapenos and Mango Vinegar… bring contents to boil, stir and simmer uncovered till thick and syrupy…stir occasionally, this may take 35-50 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in a good closing container in fridge up to 2 weeks. (delicious on toast too) Yields about 2 cups.
Olive Oil tart crust:
- 1/2 cup Eureka Lemon Olive Oil ( or your favorite Taproom Olive oil)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 t sea salt
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour.
Combine oil and milk together, in a large bowl add flour and salt, stir to combine, add the oil and milk together… stir with a wooden spoon until the mix comes together… you may need to get in there with your hands. Turn the dough out on to a floured surface, cut into 2 and form into discs, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour. This can be done 1-2 days ahead. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
On a floured surface, roll out one disc to fit your tart pan. Doc the bottom of the prepared dough. Place a sheet of parchment into the bottom of the dough lined tart pan and weight down with pie weights, dried beans or rice. Blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Slice the top off of each tomato, holding over the sink or a bowl…give the tomatoes a good squeeze to remove seeds and some of the juices, slice into 3/8 inch and let tomato slices drain on to a double layer of paper towels…salt and sugar slices to help remove excess juices. Let them rest about 15 minutes. In a rimmed baking sheet spread a tablespoon of olive oil and lay tomato slices in pan…not touching. Bake at 375 for roughly 20 minutes ( this can be baked right after you remove the tart crust).
Preparing the Ricotta:
In a small bowl place the ricotta, egg yolk, honey, 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves, the zest from the lemon and the juice from the lemon, stir to combine.
Let’s put it all together…
Preheat oven to 375Place the ricotta mixture into the bottom of the blind baked tart crust, try to spread evenly, top with one cup of the peach jalapeno jam, top with baked sliced tomatoes arranged in a circle, overlapping. Drizzle with a tiny bit of Eureka Lemon Olive oil and bake 35-45 minutes til the crust is browned nicely and the tomatoes have a hint of color. Allow to cool for a bit, serve just warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
- 2 Pints of back fin blue and claw crab meat
- ¼ stick of cream cheese
- ¾ cup of shredded cheese of choice: we used Asiago & Smoked Gouda
- 2 tablespoons of our smoky chipotle olive oil
- ¼ tsp. or 6-7 drops of the Baklouti olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Serrano Chili Pepper infused honey vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of our Mediterranean herb blend
- Dash of cracked pepper & seat salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup of panko chipotle bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup purple onion, minced garlic and one celery stalk chopped very fine
Sauté onions, garlic and celery until done & add in all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Blend all ingredients together using your hands to fold in the cream cheese. Make approximately 6 round tennis ball size crab cakes, place on wax paper and set aside.
Toast halves of whole wheat English muffins. While still warm, drizzle with our Tuscan olive oil. Grab a crab cake ball and place on top of the muffin and smoosh it down a little. Place in a preheated oven at 365 for 25 min. and bake until golden brown.
ENJOY!! Delicious. Great dinner or appetizer.
I know most of us have prepared Asparagus wrapped with bacon, but wow!! we drizzled our Blood Orange Olive Oil over 4 stalks each, wrapped the bacon, added dried herbs, fennel, basil, garlic, onion and baked for 20 min on 375, but then spri…nkled over them with our Serrano Chili Pepper Infused Balsamic Vinegar and then also tried a sweet white peach. OMG!! a meal all by itself. I ate probably 5 of them and loved every bite. The rest of my guys had chicken wings and a baked potato. Hope you guys have a great weekend. It is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!