Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob:
Shuck, wash & soak. Place on grill plate & roast for 40 min, baste with our vegan diary free butter olive oil and smoky chipotle, turn and sprinkle on some smoked paprika. OMG!!!!!! I ate 3 ears by myself, but then I ate a pickled beet salad with feta, avocados and other root vegetables & spinach. Both are deliciously healthy for you.
Let’s all keep up the good work!!!!!!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Clean oysters and place in a large stockpot. Pour in enough water to cover oysters; bring the water and oysters to a boil. Remove from heat and drain and cool oysters. When cooled break the top shell off of each oyster. Be careful not to lose your liquor from the oyster.
- Using a food processor, chop the bacon, spinach, bread crumbs, green onions, and garlic. Add a dash of hickory smoked sea salt, a high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil or one of our flavored infused olive oils, such as the garlic, butter, Tuscan, etc. and process until finely chopped but not pureed, about 10 seconds. (optional: I have used stuffing instead of bread crumbs with extra sage and mushrooms).
- Arrange the oysters in their half shells on a pan with kosher salt. Spoon some of the spinach mixture on each oyster. Add a splash of hot sauce or our Serrano Chili Pepper infused honey vinegar or the Sicilian Lemon Balsamic. Sprinkle Asiago cheese on the top of each shell with smoked paprika.
Bake 10 minutes until cooked through, then change the oven’s setting to broil and broil until cheese has melted and browned on top. Serve hot.
EASY AND WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS!! 40 min.
YES!! I have been waiting for that sunshine to comeback. Here is a re-created dish that I ate at the #Merroir this past Sunday (because it was so tasty, light & just darn good). RE-CREATED FROM MY VISIT AT THE MERROIR (MERWA-ESSENCE OF THE SEA) PAN SEARED SCALLOPS ATOP A COOL BLACK EYED PEA SALAD-TAPAS STYLE:
- 1 can of drained black eyed peas
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (reserve one for searing your scallops in our Herbs de Provence Olive Oil)
- ½ red onion
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 strip of pork belly diced fine
- Chopped cilantro or parsley to taste
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Toss all together with our Persian lime olive oil & Honey Ginger Balsamic vinegar
Let marinade for one hr. or more (over- night is always best).
Top your cool salad with fresh pan seared scallops 3-4 to a plate. ENJOY!!!