Get ready for your healthier sides for Grilling time:
- 2-3 large Avocados
- 1 Cauliflower head
- 3-4 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 Red Onion
- Celery stalks or baby bok choy
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup of sweet and dill pickle relish blend
- 3 tablespoons whole grain Dijon Mustard
- 1oz. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar or the Serrano Honey Vinegar
- ¼ cup of our NEW WILD FERN LEAF DILL INFUSED OLIVE OIL
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chives for Garnish
Diced up the Avocados and break apart the Cauliflower florets and garlic cloves. Place cauliflower on a cookie sheet and sprinkle on some of our olive oil with salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven on 375 for approx. 25 min. Let cool. Mash up the garlic and cauliflower. Place the mash into a mixing bowl with the avocados & all other vegetables and toss with the Mustard, pickles, balsamic vinegar and infused olive oil. Easy.
As a leftover: Spread on whole wheat toast for a quick morning snack or for lunch, add in some tuna and eat with Pita chips.
The walnuts and strawberries are happy to roast together. Early in the season, sometimes strawberries aren’t quite sweet enough. But, don’t add sugar (roast them in balsamic and our blood orange olive oil).
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, patted dry, tops removed, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp Blood Orange olive oil
- sprinkle freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups walnut halves, toasted
- 1 oz fresh goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 3 cups baby spinach, washed and patted dry
- ½ pint of Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take half of the strawberries and lay them on half of the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic. With your hands move them around a bit to make sure they’re all olive oiled.
- On the other half of the baking sheet place the walnuts.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let them cool.
- Assemble the salad starting with the spinach then half of the roasted and fresh strawberries, half of the walnuts, half of the cheese and dressing as desired.
Makes 2 servings.