- 2-5 thick bone in Pork Chops depending on your guests
- Fresh herbs (Sea-salt, pepper, Garlic & Onion powder)
- Your Favorite Barbecue sauce with and added kick of our Red Cayenne Chili Oil and our Maple balsamic Vinegar (or you can make your own)
- 1- ½ cups of cubed Papaya (approximately 1 ½ cups)
Toss your chops in a gallon baggie with the fresh herbs and smoky chipotle olive oil.
Sauté or pan-sear the chops on both sides on med to high heat until crisp (approx. 4 min on each side). Remove the chops and place into a glass corning wear dish and roast for another 12 min. on 385 deg.
Slather with barbecue sauce and papaya cubes and roast the top for another 6 min increasing your oven heat to 410 deg. for the last 6 min. to caramelize the sauce and the sweet papaya.
Plate your chops onto a bed of fresh greens, lettuces or roasted root vegetables. Sprinkle your favorite olive oil and balsamic pairing onto the lettuces, place chop on top and serve.
Pick it up with your fingers and eat it like a well aged rib. Make eating fun to eat!!!!! While eating healthier!
- tbsp olive oil + more to toss the veggies with
- 2 med sweet yellow onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2-3 med zucchini
- 2-31 med yellow squash
- 2-3 med potatoes
- 2-3 tomatoes squash
- casserole or fresh salsa
- salt & pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 small pint of sour cream
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings (or whatever spices you like)
- 1 c shredded Italian cheese (I used parmesan & cheddar)
Preheat oven to 400º. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and over medium heat, sauté chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until soft and translucent. Pour them into your 8×8″ glass dish and spread them out to cover bottom.
Using my mandolin I thinly sliced the squash, zucchini and potato.
I tossed them with about 3 tsp of olive oil, 2 tsp of your spices and salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat them. Now start stacking them vertically in rows, alternating them in a pretty pattern.
Pour over your veggies the blend of milk, sour cream and 2 beaten eggs.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and sprinkle with cheese – however much you like really.
Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and nice and gold.
OPTIONAL: Top with crushed croutons and crumbled bacon for the last 15 min to get nice and crispy.
45-50 min. DELICIOUS AS A LEFT OVER WITH SCRABBLED EGGS IN THE MORNING.