- 2 tablespoons Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 2/3 package spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well with cool water. Toss your noodles into a mixing bowl & Top with our Lemon olive oil, garlic olive oil, herbs de Provence or the Tuscan Infused Olive Oil until well coated.
Over a medium-low heat, add olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, tomato & onion stir until onion is soft and caramelized. Combine flour, cream, salt, milk, and white wine in the saucepan. Mix well. Return the saucepan to the heat and cook until sauce thickens. Add in your shrimp, stir until well coated and remove from the heat after 5 min.
Pour sauce into the bowl containing the noodles and mix well.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the mixture and serve with some crusty bread.
Ingredients: (Yields 8 cups)
- Enough Extra Virgin olive oil to sauté your herbs
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 Parmigiano Reggiano rind
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon whole black or white peppercorns
- 1/2 parsley bunch, stems and leaves
Directions: (This is Easy!)
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large soup pot. When hot, add the onion, garlic, and fennel. Cook over moderate heat until the vegetables have softened and are beginning to brown. The more caramelized the vegetables are, the deeper the flavor of your broth will be.
- Add 2 quarts of water and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a simmer and simmer for at least one hour, more if you have time. Strain the broth before use or just remove the rind.
Here are five ways to use Parmesan broth:
- Chicken or Turkey, plus any other vegetable-based soups or stews
- Pots of beans. Parmesan broth goes especially well with white beans and greens, like escarole or kale.
- Risotto-so creamy you will love it and won’t get enough
- Braising, from vegetables to chicken legs to short ribs
- Stuffing with plenty of fresh herbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
- Grated parmesan for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 450. Coat avocado slices in the flour, then egg, then panko. Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, then place on a cookie sheet. Spray the top of the wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown (I turned my oven up to 500 for the last 5 minutes).