The walnuts and strawberries are happy to roast together. Early in the season, sometimes strawberries aren’t quite sweet enough. But, don’t add sugar (roast them in balsamic and our blood orange olive oil).
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, patted dry, tops removed, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp Blood Orange olive oil
- sprinkle freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups walnut halves, toasted
- 1 oz fresh goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 3 cups baby spinach, washed and patted dry
- ½ pint of Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take half of the strawberries and lay them on half of the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic. With your hands move them around a bit to make sure they’re all olive oiled.
- On the other half of the baking sheet place the walnuts.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let them cool.
- Assemble the salad starting with the spinach then half of the roasted and fresh strawberries, half of the walnuts, half of the cheese and dressing as desired.
Makes 2 servings.