ITALIAN STYLE VENISON TENDERLOIN ROAST W/Dark Ages Imperial Maple Brown Ale & SHERRY AU JUS DIPPING SAUCE:
4-5 large cloves garlic, peeled
1 (3-pound) Venison Tenderloin roast or Hind Quarter
4 tablespoons Coratina extra virgin olive oil
1 med. onion, peeled and diced
¼ cup robust 25 yr. Sherry Vinegar
1 small can of tomato paste blended with the water, beer & beef broth
¼ of water
½ cup of Dark Ages Imperial Maple Brown Ale
½ cup of beef broth or homemade beef bone broth
2 teaspoons dried basil & thyme
1 teaspoon to sprinkle dried herbs, garlic, sea salt & pepper to top the roast
3-4 med. size potatoes
Sweet & Hot Peppers and diced tomatoes for Garnish
- Cut the garlic & onion into slivers and dices
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the Coratina extra virgin olive oil in a heavy 3- to 4-quart casserole dish or a pressure cooker. Lightly coat the venison roast with the last tablespoon of olive oil, flour the roast on both sides; add the venison and brown it well over medium heat for 15 min.
3. Stir in the beef broth, Sherry, Dark Ages Imperial Ale and tomato sauce, which will de-glaze the pressure cooker or casserole dish. Add the potatoes, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
4. Cover tightly and cook for 40 min. in your pressure cooker or for at least three-four hours in a covered casserole dish on 280 deg., until the meat is very tender.
5. Remove the meat from the pressure cooker or casserole dish. Surround the meat with the potatoes and Au Jus. Sprinkle the top of the meat with your herb, sea salt & pepper mixture. Garnish with Sweet & Hot Peppers and diced tomatoes. Serve immediately with crusty bread, biscuits or rolls. HAPPY THANKSGIVING: FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS.