- 1 lb penne (1 box)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (mild or hot) (1 package usually 6)
- 2 cups chopped sundried tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion chopped
- Dash of each of your favorite Italian herbs: Basil, thyme, oregano, parsley, Red pepper flakes (optional),etc.
- Tuscan olive oil
- 2 cups of V-8 juice
- ½ can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- ½ cup of vodka
- ½ cup of cream or milk
- 2 oz. of balsamic vinegar (we used the Espresso)
- ½ – 1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice
Boil a big pot of water, add salt & cook your penne. Do not over cook the pasta, rinse well in cold water to get rid of most of the starch.
While that’s happening, brown the sausage, onion, garlic, herbs and sundried tomatoes in a large pot with our Tuscan Olive oil until onions are caramelized. Add in the V-8 juice, vodka, broth, cream and balsamic vinegar.
Toss together the sausage and your vodka sauce. Heat up the sauce/pasta to a quick boil for only a few minutes 6min. turn off heat. Add in shredded cheese after plating.
This dish is just Fabulous with some warm crusty bread.
ENJOY!!!! 35 MIN.