- 2 ¼ c flour (I use combo of regular and white whole wheat)
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ extra virgin olive oil. I have also used a buttery flavored (vegan) EVOO from the olive oil store.
- 1 ½ c sugar
- 2 Tbs. Orange Juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c milk (I have used coconut milk to make it pareve)
- I also added a little cinnamon and some sliced almonds
- Oven-325 degrees
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder;
- Place olive oil in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, slowly beat in sugar, juice, and vanilla;
- Add eggs, beating well after each one. Add milk and beat for 2 min.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. I found that you can make the 9X5 an a mini one from the batter.
- Bake for 1-1 ½ hrs., until cake tester comes out clean. Cake should be golden on top.
- Cool in pan 10 min. and then turn out to cool completely on a cooling rack.