- 3 tablespoons Garlic olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups of low salt beef stock
- 6 oz Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup of red wine
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pounds potatoes, cutup (approx.. 4 large Idaho)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, cutup
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in your skillet on medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add the beef (do not crowd the skillet, or the meat will steam and not brown) and cook, without stirring, until nicely browned on one side, then use tongs to turn the pieces over. Add garlic, onion, potatoes and carrots then sauté 1 minute. Transfer all to a slow cooker crock pot.
Add beef stock, Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, red wine, tomato paste, sugar, basil, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Cover and let heat to a simmer for 2-3 hrs.
Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Some corn muffins would be perfect with this dish.