YES!! I have been waiting for that sunshine to comeback. Here is a re-created dish that I ate at the #Merroir this past Sunday (because it was so tasty, light & just darn good). RE-CREATED FROM MY VISIT AT THE MERROIR (MERWA-ESSENCE OF THE SEA) PAN SEARED SCALLOPS ATOP A COOL BLACK EYED PEA SALAD-TAPAS STYLE:
- 1 can of drained black eyed peas
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (reserve one for searing your scallops in our Herbs de Provence Olive Oil)
- ½ red onion
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 strip of pork belly diced fine
- Chopped cilantro or parsley to taste
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Toss all together with our Persian lime olive oil & Honey Ginger Balsamic vinegar
Let marinade for one hr. or more (over- night is always best).
Top your cool salad with fresh pan seared scallops 3-4 to a plate. ENJOY!!!