GREAT FOR BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP AS A PRESENTATION BOWL FOR GUESTS TOO!!!!
- 2 butternut squash (One for the roasting and meat. The other for the bowl)
- 2 Tbsp Butter Infused Vegan Dairy Free Extra Virgin Olive Oil or you can use our Wild Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 large sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the stems off the butternut squash and cut each squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds and stringy goop. (I find that my ice cream scoop is perfect for this.)
Place the squash halves cut side down on the lined baking sheet. Roast until the cut side of the squash is tender when pierced with a fork, 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the cut sides up. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Keep the oven on.
In the meantime, drizzle the pan or skillet with the olive oil on med/high heat. Add the onion and salt and saute until browned at the edges, about 15 minutes. Stir in the chopped sage and saute another 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Once the squash has cooled a bit, scoop the insides out into a large bowl. With a fork or potato masher, mash the roasted squash. Add the cooked onions and sage, ricotta, Greek yogurt, parmesan, and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine. Scoop the mixture into the two remaining un-cooked squash halves and return to the oven until the tops begin to brown, about 20 minutes.