- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchstick-like pieces
- 4 spring onions cut into 2-inch lengths
- handful of fresh shiitake (or other type) mushrooms.
- 1-2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper
- Peeled Shrimp
- Persian lime or Orange infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. each of Honey and Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh minced red chili (OR dried chili flakes, OR chili paste), smoked paprika, garlic & basil.
- Rinse asparagus, then snap off the ends (these will snap off easily in just the right place, leaving only the tender stalks behind).
- Prepare all other vegetables and place them in separate piles near the stove.
- Make the sauce by stirring all sauce ingredients together in a cup. Stir well. Set the cup beside the stove.
- Heat 2-3 Tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the asparagus and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add some balsamic, plus the carrots, mushrooms & shrimp. Stir-fry another 1-2 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked & shrimp is pink.
- Add the spring onions and bell pepper. Stir-fry 1 more minute.
- Finally, add the bean sprouts plus the sauce. Stir-fry to combine (30 seconds to 1 minute).Add more oil or balsamic.