- 1/4 cup aged strawberry balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 large strawberries, stems removed and sliced (or quartered)
- 2 Tbsp ultra premium extra virgin olive oil or your favorite flavor infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots and 2-3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups (lightly packed) arugula or spinach leaves (large stems removed)
- 4 extra jumbo scallops
- 6-8 uncooked jumbo (or larger) shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Coarse sea salt & cracked pepper
In a bowl, stir together the vinegar and strawberries, cover, and chill for at least one hour. Remove from the fridge when you’re ready to start cooking.
Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the shallots & garlic until softened, then add the greens and turn until well mixed. Cook just a minute or two until all the leaves have wilted but are still fully green. Remove greens to a strainer and keep warm (place in a dish in the oven on low warm temp.)
Let the shrimp sear for about 1 minute per side until just opaque. Remove and keep warm. Don’t move the scallops until you can see a brown edge forming around the bottom (about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.) Carefully lift one scallop — if the surface has a nice caramelized color, turn them over.
Cook for just another minute until the scallops are springy but not quite firm. Remove and keep warm.To serve, place the greens on a plate, top with the scallops, shrimp, and strawberries, then drizzle the balsamic reduction over the scallops and shrimp.
Makes 2-3 servings. ENJOY!!