Make your own Pie Crust or start off Pre-made:
- 1 pound thickly sliced bacon (cut into /2-inch dice)
- 3 large leeks, white and tender green parts only (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 8 ounces cave-aged Gruyère cheese (shredded)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream (or half-and-half)
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Drain the bacon fat. Add in 2 tablespoons Leek Fused Olive Oil. Add the leeks and thyme to the skillet, season with salt and white pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Stir in the bacon and cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the egg yolks and heavy cream. Season lightly with salt and white pepper. Add in and fold in your leek mixture. Pour the custard into the pie shell and bake for about 30 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through for even baking, until puffed and lightly browned. Transfer the quiche to a rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut the quiches into wedges and serve.
The quiche can be covered and refrigerated overnight. Reheat before serving!!!