4 chicken breasts, Salt and pepper to taste; 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and dried basil
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Flavor infused or not)
1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips in oil–4 mozzarella cheese slices (or cheese of choice); 1-4 cloves garlic minced
3-5 Basil leaves -1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (such as Pomegranate, Blackberry Ginger, Black Cherry); ¼ cup of Local Raw Honey or try our SABA!!! On Sale 30 % Off to get you guys to try it. Details on this small batch artisanal Balsamic on our Fusti tag!!!!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through on the thickest side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasoning inside the pockets.
- Fill each with 2 slices fresh tomato, 2 teaspoons sun dried tomato strips, one slice mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.
- Seal with 3-4 toothpicks diagonally to keep the filling inside while cooking.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden. While the chicken is cooking, mix together the garlic, honey & balsamic vinegar. Pour the mixture into the pan around the chicken; bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally, until the glaze has slightly thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer pan to the preheated oven and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks and drizzle with pan juices.