Another Holiday Appetizer or just because it’s getting colder…
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 large peeled carrots diced thinly
- ½ cup of chopped kale
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced or garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Myer Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- 6 lemon slices
Heat the broth and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat while adding in the garlic, lemon juice, carrots, kale, lemon olive oil & pepper.
Gradually add hot broth mixture to eggs, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return egg mixture to pan. Cook over medium heat until slightly thick (about 15 minutes), stirring constantly.
Reduce the heat and let simmer while braising 3 chicken breasts until brown on each side and done. Dice up the chicken and add to your broth. Keeping the heat low and at a simmer, stir in your rice & pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls; serve with lemon slices.